H2S – Hydrogen Sulfide Training
Hydrogen Sulfide, or H2S, is a colorless, poisonous gas that is made from the action of acids on sulfides. It is a very common hazard found in the oil and gas, or petrochemical industry. Exposure to this gas can be deadly, therefore, proper training and knowledge is required when working around it.
This Online H2S Training Course will guide you through all aspects of H2S, from the basic properties of H2S, to information about personal protective equipment as well as operating and rescue procedures. This course will explain in detail what you need to know to remain safe around H2S, emphasize key points and test your knowledge retention after each module.
State the properties of hydrogen sulfide.
Describe the health risks associated with hydrogen sulfide exposure.
Explain the methods to minimize exposure to hydrogen sulfide.
Identify the PPE required to work in areas with various concentration levels of hydrogen sulfide.
H2S gas, its common names and where it is ordinarily found
1. The physical properties and characteristics of H2S
2. Common definitions such as parts per million (ppm) and occupational/workplace exposure limits (OEL/WEL)
3. Measurement and the OEL/WEL of H2S
4. The physiological effects of exposure to H2S
5. How H2S is detected and the use of onsite & personal detection equipment
6. Actions to be taken in the event of an alarm
7.The types of respiratory equipment available including escape breathing apparatus (EBA) & self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) and the importance of correct fit of the face mask
8. The role of response teams in an H2S emergency and their use of SCBA.
Click below to buy online through- Debit card/credit card/net banking.